Skip to main content

Mumbai terror attacks..

What else is there to say?
I am tired of the same, inane statements by politicians (of all hues), and disgusted by the political correctness of mainstream English media.One may find some solace in venting in the comforts of the blogosphere.

But it is obvious that beyond a point, all these discussions and blame games won't achieve much.

I can do no better than direct you (the reader) to Offstumped, where Yossarin calls for a Satyagraha against terror. Here are the features of the Satyagraha:

Characteristic# 1 - It must be unrelenting in the demands it makes of the State to compel it into action on Terrorism pre-emptively or otherwise.
Characteristic# 2 - It must be uncompromising in its intolerance of not just perpetrators of acts of terror but also of those who aid and abet terror by providing sanctuary to those perpetrators.
Characteristic# 3 - It must be self sustaining in its execution through local community action directed at vigilance and audit of local law enforcement
Characteristic #4 - It must be Dharmic at all times by being “desireless” in its actions


You can also read a quick analysis by Stratfor, the global private intelligence firm, on the geo-political repurcussions of these attacks.

And of course, B.Raman, who is worried about the safety of India's nuclear facilities.He is right. We must be worried. But we are not.I see people in my office watching the TV in the cafetria in morbid fascination at the live pictures. But they are not perturbed.

Here's a quote from Raman:
"Till now, we were greeting with glee Pakistan's incompetence in dealing with terrorism. We can no longer do so. We have become as clueless as Pakistan."

I wish I could be harsh enough to say that such a callous society deserves the tragedy.But I can not.If this doesn't wake us up, I donno what will.And I hope we don't wake up before its too late.

The only ray of optimism comes from a friend I spoke to this morning.He said:Yes, we are in trouble and this is a senseless tragedy.It looks very dark now.But remember we are an ancient civilisation, and we will sort this mess out.

I hope he is right.And I hope these attacks serve as the catalyst.

May the innocent lives lost in this tragedy rest in peace ! May we become worthy of our noble ancestors and root out this evil of terrorism once and for all. Jai Bharat !

Comments